Noah's Big River Canoe Picnic Package
Special great outdoors package at a very relaxing rate: Enjoy two nights lodging, a four hour canoe rental on Big River with "Noah’s Canoe Picnic".
Noah’s Picnic is a pack filled with two healthy and robust sandwiches, olives and pickles, organic chips and snacks, a bottle of Mendocino red or white wine, or three North Coast Brewery beers, home-made cookies, bottles of water, and Mendocino chocolates for desert. Vegetarian or vegan versions available.
Cost :: $349.00 + room rate, does not include taxes, or optional gratuities.
For more than a century and a half, the Big River region was owned by various timber companies and very much off-limits to recreation. Donations secured by the Mendocino Land Trust, along with the dedicated work by many conservationists, helped create the state park. The park preserves the only major undeveloped estuary in northern California - We proud locals claim the world’s best blackberries grow here as well.
Big River wasn’t named for its length or breadth, but for the size of the redwoods that once grew along the banks. Big (second-growth) redwoods and a big estuary are among the compelling natural attractions of Big River wetland, a big (7,334 acres) unit added to California’s park system in 2002.
Big River is big on biological diversity: freshwater and brackish marshland, mudﬂats, plus stands of redwoods, hardwoods, bishop pine and pygmy cypress. The new park is big on birds, too, and offers critical habitat for more than two dozen rare, endangered and threatened species, including the northern spotted owl, bald eagle and California brown pelican. Big River’s estuary is home to numerous critters including otters, young sea lions and is ideal spawning habitat and nursery waters for coho and steelhead salmon.
- Free upgrade when available
- 4 hour canoe rental and "Noah’s Canoe Picnic":
- Noah’s Picnic is a pack filled with two healthy and robust sandwiches, olives and pickles, organic chips and snacks, a bottle of Mendocino red or white wine, or three North Coast Brewing beers, home-made cookies, bottles of water, and Mendocino chocolates for desert
- 10% off breakfast for two each morning at Circa ‘62
- 4-hour canoe rental, gourmet "Noah’s Canoe Picnic" for two
- Does not include taxes or optional gratuities
Conditions & Terms
- Deposit required ~ The Standard Deposit
- Must Be Reserved No Later Than ~ 1 week prior to scheduled date
- Minimum Stay ~ 1 Night
- Maximum Stay ~ 1 Night
- Minimum Occupancy ~ 2
- Maximum Occupancy ~ All rates are double occupancy, each extra person beyond double occupancy in cabins & cottages are billed at $25 per person per day. Children over 2 are considered an extra person.
- Cancelation Policy ~ Full refund minus a $40 processing fee if cancelled 16 days or more prior to scheduled arrival, Billed completely without refund if cancelled 15 days or less prior to scheduled date of arrival