Mendocino shopping options range from apparel and jewelry to souvenirs and toys to help you find the perfect memento of your Pacific coast vacation. Below are a few must-visit shops, broken into categories, we recommend while out and about in town.
- Icons: A must-see of Mendocino and an eclectic gift shop featuring LPs and CDs, guitars, relics, art, and so much more.
- Prentice Gallery: Located on Main St., you can find local artists’ work and one-of-a-kind paintings, prints, and ceramics.
- Jon Klein Photography: Klein focuses his talents on seascapes, landscapes, and photographing California’s wildlife.
- The World of Suzi Long: Located in a water tower, Long showcases and sells her fine art.
- Reflections Kaleidoscopes: Get a burst of color with these hand-crafted kaleidoscopes, or take a closer look at the collection of art glass, mirrors, and glass jewelry.
- Gallery Bookshop: An independent bookstore and book lover’s dream! You’ll definitely find a good book to enjoy over your vacation or to help you unwind at the end of the day in your luxurious accommodation.
Clothing & Accessories
- Deja-Vu the Mendocino Hat Co.: Hats of all styles, sizes and prices for men and women.
- Perfume Mendo: With more than 1,000 fragrances to choose from, you’ll find your favorite signature scent or have the knowledgeable staff help you find a new fragrance. They also carry skin care and makeup products.
Hobbies & Souvenirs
- Mendocino Gift Company: Artistic and charming gifts including local art, apparel, jewelry and home décor.
- Mendocino Yarn Shop: A local favorite! Yarns and patterns of every style and color imaginable.
- Out of this World: A hobby shop with all kinds of toys and activities to spark your creativity.
- Audio Nouveau: This shop specializes in elegant furniture with purpose, as pieces are designed to house sound systems. A treat for the eyes and the ears.
- Blooming: Jewelry, accessories and more with items made in America.
- Rubaiyat Beads: See beads and tribal jewelry from around the world at this shop as well as locally-crafted glass beads. You’ll also find aromatherapy oils, candles, and stained glass art.
- Mendocino Chocolate Co.: We’d be doing you a disservice to not mention stopping by the chocolate company for fantastic fudge, delectable cakes and cookies, and truffles.
- Village Toy Store: Find old classics, stuffed animals, kites and other items for your family adventure in Mendocino.
Additionally, you can find fresh produce and local foods at Harvest Market at Mendosa’s. Be sure to stop by the front desk and ask one of our innkeepers to point you in the right direction to find one of these great shops or galleries in the area!