Mendocino's Best Pet Friendly Lodging
There’s no need to search further for pet friendly hotels in Mendocino! The Inn at Schoolhouse Creek offers pet friendly lodging and activities so you don’t have to leave your furry family members at home.
A stay at the Inn at Schoolhouse Creek will be a vacation you and your pet can appreciate. We treat dogs like part of the family and always have treats available at the front desk! We also provide a pet welcome basket in your room, full of items to ensure a comfortable stay for you and your pet and a Frisbee for them to play with. Our meadow and forest creek trails provide the opportunity for off-leash exploration, or take a short walk (about 5 minutes) to the private beach at Buckhorn Cove, where your dog can play off-leash!
Your pets are our guests too and we’ll strive to make them feel like they are on vacation! All of our rooms at the Inn accept pets. There is a “pet fee” added to your room fee to cover the additional costs in cleaning and maintenance. We deep clean and ionize each room after a pet has been in it to guarantee the highest standards of cleanliness for all our guests.
To ensure all guests have an enjoyable stay, we ask all Pet Parents to sign the following Pet Guidlines upon check in
We understand that your pet is a beloved member of your family, and we appreciate you bringing your pet to The Inn at Schoolhouse Creek. Please familiarize yourself with some of the hotel’s basic guidelines, as we strive to make your stay and that of our other guests as enjoyable as possible.
Be assured that your four-legged companion will experience the same gracious and personalized service as you.
- $25.00 per night, per pet fee.
- Well socialized domesticated dogs (non-aggressive breeds) and cats only.
- Verification of bordetella and rabies vaccinations within the past 12 months.
- Pets must be free of ticks and fleas.
- Prior to arrival, we request your pet’s name, weight and breed for identification purposes
- Pets may not be left alone in the guestroom at any time. Please contact our Innkeepers at least a week in advance if you need assistance in scheduling pet sitting services.
- Please prevent your pet from barking or otherwise disturbing guests. In the event that the Inn incurs any loss of business or compensation is required for another guest due to noise complaints, those charges will be billed accordingly to your guest account.
- Dogs must be on a leash at all times while on the hotel premises; likewise, cats must be constrained at all times.
- Please clean up after your pet. Complimentary waste pick-up stations are scattered around the property for your use or bags will be provided for you in the guestroom if you prefer. Please contact an Innkeeper should you need additional bags.
- The Inn has great places for you and your pet to enjoy. We will be happy to suggest other great places for walks and adventures for you and your pet.
- Unfortunately pets are not permitted in Circa ’62; however there is Pooch Parking right outside.
- Do not permit your pet to get on the bed coverings or the furniture. If additional cleaning is required for bedding, carpeting or furniture, or if any damages are incurred due to your pet, all related charges will be billed accordingly to your guest account.
The Inn at Schoolhouse Creek reserves the right to deny acceptance of any “pet guest,” particularly in situations where the pet becomes “unwelcome” due to aggressive behavior or disturbing other guests, the hotel may request that the “pet guest” and its owners seek accommodations elsewhere, which we will gladly arrange.